Cattle Results 2023

One of the leading events in the Dualla Show. A unique opportunity for people to see the best commercial and pedigree specimens in the region. There’s cash prizes for top three places in each class worth €100, €70 and €30. Our main livestock sponsor for 2023 is FBD.

This year’s livestock event hosts the Munster Aberdeen-Angus Club Bull & Heifer of the Year final.

Also being hosted this year is the pedigree Hereford male championship which has a first place cash prize of €500. For this event, 40% of the bull’s marks will be based on its ICBF terminal index before entering the ring. The remaining 60% of the marks will be scored by the judge. Both scores will be combined and the winner will then be chosen. All bulls must be pedigree registered.

The popular best pair in show is also back with a top prize of €500. The prize for best commercial roan heifer/bull is also €500.

 

Aberdeen Angus

  • Class 01 Bull Calf 1st Sept – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 02 Heifer Calf 1st Sept – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 03 Heifer after 1st Jan ’23
  • Class 04 Bull after 1st Jan ’23
  • Class 05 Heifer 1st Sept ’21 – 31st Aug ’22
  • Class 06 Heifer 1st Sept ’19 – 31st Aug ’21 in-calf or with calf at foot
  • Class 07 Cow in milk with natural born calf or in-calf any age
  • Class 08 Bull before 1st Sept ’22
  • Class 09 Best Matching Pair from One Exhibitor

Belgian Blue

  • Class 10 Heifer/Bull Calf after 1st Jan ’23
  • Class 11 Bull Calf 1st Sept – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 12 Heifer Calf 1st Sept – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 13 Heifer/Cow before 31st Aug ’22

Charolais

  • Class 14 Heifer/Bull Calf after 1s Jan ’23
  • Class 15 Bull Calf 1st Aug – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 16 Heifer Calf 1st Aug – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 17 Heifer/Cow before 31st Jul ’22

Hereford

  • Class 18 Bull Calf after 1st Jan ‘23
  • Class 19 Heifer Calf after 1st Jan ‘23
  • Class 20 Bull 1st July – 31st Dec ’22 (Genotyped)
  • Class 21 Junior Male Championship (40% marked on Terminal Index) (€500 First Prize)
  • Class 22 Heifer Calf 1st July – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 23 Breeding Female 1st July ‘20 – 30th July ’22
  • Class 24 Cow/Heifer with Natural Calf at Foot or In-Calf

Shorthorn

  • Class 25M Bull Calf after 1st Jan ’23
  • Class 25F Heifer Calf after 1st Jan ’23
  • Class 26 Bull Calf 1st July – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 27 Heifer Calf 1st July – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 28 Heifer/Cow born before 30th June 21

Simmental

  • Class 29 Bull/Heifer Calf after 1st Jan ’23
  • Class 30 Bull Calf 1st Aug – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 31 Heifer Calf 1st Aug – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 32 Heifer/Cow before 31st July ’22

Limousin

  • Class 33 Heifer/ Bull Calf after 1st Jan ’23
  • Class 34 Bull Calf 1st Aug – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 35 Heifer Calf 1st Aug ’22 – 31st Dec ’23
  • Class 36 Heifer/Cow before 31st July ’22

Commercial

  • Class 37 Bonny Baby Calf under 300kg
  • Class 38 Bull Calf under 460kg
  • Class 39 Heifer Calf under 460kg
  • Class 40 Roan Heifer/Bull of the Year (€500 First Prize)
  • Class 41 Heifer >460kgs
  • Class 42 Bull/Bullock >460kgs
  • Class 43 Bullock/heifer with >2 Permanent Teeth

Holstein-Friesian

  • Class 44 Heifer after 1st Jan ’23
  • Class 45 Heifer 1st Aug – 31st Dec ’22
  • Class 46 Heifer before 1st Aug ’22
  • Class 47 Cow before 31st of Aug ’22

Jersey

  • Class 48 Heifer Calf after 1st Sept ’22
  • Class 49 Heifer/Cow before 31st Aug ’22

Young Handlers

  • Class 50 Junior Young Handler 9 years and under
  • Class 51 Junior Young Handler 10 – 13 Years on the Day
  • Class 52 Intermediate young handler 14 – 17 years

Best Matching Pair

  • Class 53 Best Matching Pair in Show (Same Herdowner)

Best Matching Trio

  • Class 54 Best Matching Trio in Show (Different Herdowners Allowed)

Best Breeding Heifer

  • Class 55 Best Traditional Breeding Heifer
  • Class 56 Best Continental Breeding Heifer

Other Classes

  • Class 57 Local & New Exhibitors within a 10 mile radius of Dualla
  • Class 58 Local Young Handler (U17) within a 10 mile radius of Dualla